Under this project over 400 goats were distributed to more than 150 vulnerable women and child-headed households on a pass-on basis. One hundred vulnerable women were supplied with a sewing machine each as one way of improving their economic status and promoting asset ownership by vulnerable households. Over 150 in-school girls were reached with sexual reproductive health and rights messages. 15 girl child tutorial groups were established in 15 primary schools across Nyachilenda and Mchere education zones in Nsanje district. 8 career days were conducted through the involvement of a female role model who would inspire girls to stay in school despite going through numerous challenges, these could be police women, female bankers, female nurses etc.
Many trainings were conducted under this project just inorder to impart knowledge on the beneficiaries and volunteers and as well as to ensure the sustainability of the impact gained during the three years of project implementation.
- Wills and Inheritance Training
- Livestock management training
- Vocational training on sewing machine beneficiaries
- Life skills training targeting girl child tutorial clubs
- Awareness campaigns on women’s rights
- To increase the education of young women and girls in TA Ngabu and TA Ndamera by the end of 3 years
- To improve the access of women and girls in TA Ngabu and TA Ndamera to economically productive property and assets
- To increase the economic empowerment of women in TA Ngabu and TA Ndamera by the end of 3 years